Friday, October 14, 2016

Week 3 Blog Forum

Portraits

First portrait:
I know a girl named Kristi from high school who is a barista and partner at Starbucks. Coffee is her life. I could get shots of her working behind the counter at Starbucks, steaming milk, using the espresso machine, refilling coffee grounds, or even a shot of her holding a cup of coffee that she's prepared. I have her on my Facebook friends list and could contact her that way.
Second portrait:
I know a guy named Jasper from high school who plays in a band. I remember watching his shows in middle school and now he's traveling all around the pacific northwest with gigs every week. I could check out his next show and take photos of him in his element, on stage performing. His microphone and guitar are of course the first props that come to mind for me to use with him. After the show could also be a good time to take photos, as then he could be more focused on the camera. I still have his number and get invited to his shows on Facebook quite frequently so that would probably be the fastest way to reach him.

Self-Critique

The best photo I've taken for class so far has been my close up of Cat Reegs at the Farmers' Market. I'm most proud of this one because of my editing and the fact that I was able to get a somewhat clear shot even when she was moving very quickly.



The worst photo I've taken in this class would probably be the shot of the menu in the Commons Cafeteria at LBCC. I say worst because it's boring. Sure, we get to read what's on the board, but that's not what's important to anyone looking at it. To make this photo better, I could have used a more exciting angle and edited the colors slightly brighter.


A skill that I need to improve on is taking risks with my pictures. I tend to not move out of my comfort zone when shooting pictures. In order to get better, I need to not be afraid of people staring at me or feeling silly when I do strange things like lay on the ground for a shot. Once I can get past that, I definitely think my photos will improve drastically.

No comments:

Post a Comment