Friday, December 2, 2016

Week 10 Blog Forum

TOPIC 1: YOUR BEST PHOTOJOURNALISM

My favorite photo would probably have been this one. I really liked it because of the colors and clarity. I like photos that are taken of lights at night because the colors seem to pop way more than they would have if the photo was taken during the day. I feel as though this photo also reflects a lot of what I learned in photojournalism because of the angle of the shot. It's not taken straight on, instead its shot at an angle. 






I feel as though my ability to take photos has stayed fairly stagnant throughout the term. I still extremely dislike taking pictures of people and prefer to shoot places and things. This made all the assignments shooting people difficult because everything I found interesting enough to shoot was inanimate. I'm thankful that this class taught me that I am not a portrait photographer. As far as editing goes, I've learned its usually best to crop things close. 


TOPIC 2: YOUR GOALS 

1. Publish at least five articles/photos in the Commuter
I don't think I got a single photo published in the Commuter! That's okay, though. I wasn't expecting almost every assignment to be about taking close pictures of people.
2.  Learn how to use Photoshop
I got the hang of some of Photoshop's features but almost never used them. I prefer editing pictures on my phone, actually.
3. Get the hang of using a professional camera
I learned the basics of a professional camera but really didn't like using one. I liked using my phone's camera, although it felt a little silly sticking an iPhone in people's faces and keeping any amount of authority as a photojournalist. A real camera definitely made people take me more seriously and I appreciated that, but I disliked lugging such a large and heavy thing around my neck, taking the time to fiddle with the settings before every shot, and making sure it didn't scrape against things when I turned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment