Friday, September 30, 2016

Week 1 Blog Forum

TOPIC 1: ABOUT ME

I'm Emily! My major is journalism. Writing has always been my strong suit, so I want to major in journalism to improve that and my photography skills. My experience in photography has been minimal. I keep a recipe and lifestyle blog on plant-based cooking and have published a small cookbook. I did all the food photography by myself for the book. I've picked up on some tips along the way, but everything I know is self-taught.


TOPIC 2: GOALS

1. Publish at least five articles/photos in the Commuter
2.  Learn how to use Photoshop
3. Get the hang of using a professional camera


TOPIC 3: LBCC PHOTOS 

1. Any poetry/spoken word events on campus - I could shoot pictures of the audience and their reactions, the speakers and their emotion, and a close-up of a prop onstage with the audience in the background
2. A sports event - A shot of the athletes playing, a shot of the excitement in the audience, the winning hit, and the celebration after winning
3. Music show on LBCC or OSU campus - Shot of musicians playing, shot of audience grooving, close-up on instruments or band name; story of students and their relation to music culture, info about future shows for students to check out
4. Saturday market - Close up of vegetables, general pictures of people browsing, shots of musicians playing on street; story of how students can get the most out of their farmers' market, how to buy local/organic while on a budget, any future events with local artisans/farmers, list of restaurants that serve local food

No comments:

Post a Comment